Pre-registration ended Tuesday, July 31st at midnight. But you can still register and buy merch in-person on Saturday starting at noon!
We are still looking for volunteers to help with the Flotilla. If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
A PDF of the Flotilla flyer is available here: 2018 Flotilla Flyer
Save time on Flotilla day – fill out your liability waiver in advance! Download and print the waiver, complete and sign the bottom of the form, and bring with you to Flotilla registration. Minors must have a guardian signature to participate.
2018 Flint River Flotilla – Float to Paradise
Saturday, August 4th, 2018
Parking & After-Party at: Mott Park Recreation Area, Sunset Dr. east of Ballenger Hwy.
Registration & Launch at: Tenacity Brewing, 119 N. Grand Traverse, Flint, MI 48503
Registration & launching begins at 12pm, Official float kick-off at 1pm
Registration: Ages 18+ $10, Ages 13-17 $5, Ages 12 & under FREE
2018 Flint River Flotilla T-Shirts: $20 (Sizes 2X-4X: $22)
Kayak Rental: $25 (Only 15 available; Register online or call in advance to reserve a kayak)
Inflatable floats: $20 (only 20 available)
Life Jackets: $5 (only 20 available)
The Flint River Flotilla returns for its 4th year as the best river party in Flint! This year, we’re floating to paradise with an island theme, so come in your finest island attire and decorate your boat to match. Bring your inner tube, paddle board, kayak, canoe, or anything that floats (plus a life jacket!) and join us on this relaxing and fun journey down the Flint River from Tenacity Brewing to the Mott Park Recreation Area. Water levels are low right now and we estimate it will take about 2 hours to paddle the Flotilla route, and about 3 hours to float it without paddling.
Stay for the after party, sponsored by General Motors, at the Mott Park landing featuring the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Flint Steel Band with some fantastic island rhythm, a kayak raffle courtesy of Northwoods of Pinconning, Flotilla prizes, food trucks, photo ops, and more!
You ticket gets you access to a shuttle (provided by Mott Community College) from the parking area to the launch site, American Canoe Association insurance, Flotilla entry, and a neon “I made it to paradise!” sticker, exclusive for 2018 participants.
Flint River Flotilla How-To:
1. Purchase tickets & pre-order your Flotilla gear here through July 31st. Day-of registration is also available beginning at noon.
2. Park at Mott Park Rec Area (former Mott Park Golf Course) – enter off Sunset Dr. east of Ballenger Hwy (see map below).
3. Hop on the shuttle to the registration and launch site at Tenacity Brewing, 119 Grand Traverse. Be sure to bring your:
- Life jacket
- Payment (cards & cash accepted) if you need to register and/or want to purchase a beverage at Tenacity
The shuttle service begins at 11:45am and runs until 12:45pm. Please bring your rafts uninflated for transport on the shuttle. Air compressors available. *If you’re bringing a canoe or kayak, drop it off at Tenacity Brewing (119 N. Grand Traverse) and then proceed with your vehicle to the parking area at Mott Park and hop on the shuttle back to the launch site.
4. Fill out liability waiver (also available to download above) and get a hand stamp. Everyone under 18 must have a guardian signature on liability waiver. All participants must wear a life jacket. No alcohol on the river. We will have limited life jackets available for purchase at registration for $5 each.
5. Float to paradise!
6. Enjoy the General Motors after-party at the Mott Park landing with a steel drum band, food trucks, a kayak raffle, and Flotilla prizes!
* Event will occur rain or shine. Severe weather may delay start time.
If you have questions about the event, please email Sarah Scheitler, Corridor Alliance Manager, at email@example.com or call 810-241-6966 during business hours.
A huge thank-you to our 2018 Flint River Flotilla sponsors!
Treasure Chest Landing Sponsor:
Paradise Pass Bridge Sponsors:
Gilligan’s Island Sponsors:
Parrot Head Sponsors:
Coconut Coast Sponsors: